Saturday 11 May 2013

So what's the point of this?

Where I'm coming from

I spent a lot of time as a kid outside, exploring the neighbourhood, building dens and climbing trees. That's what we did.

I can clearly remember my first pen-knife that my parents bought me (quite something given my awful memory) and still have the Swiss Champ I bought with my 16th birthday money. I've always had a quiet interest in the outdoors.

Mountain biking was next, spent a fair few years bombing down hillsides and grinding cross-country but that stopped when I became a mature student (BEng) and took a 5-day zero-to-full-license motorcycle crash-course.

2 years of commuting in all weather sees me buying a big adventure bike and I can explore once again and further. Cross-country, remote places and a tiny bit of bushcraft dreaming; a big bike takes me there along with whatever I need.

GS Adventure and I love it! Taken in Austria 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment